The physiotherapist in the domain of psychosomatic is specialized in the treatment of complaints that extend to stress and misunderstood complaints.
It is a physical and experience-oriented therapy in which emotional, psychological and social aspects are involved in the treatment.
The psychosomatic physiotherapist works together with other experts such as e.g. the family doctor or specialist / psychologist or company doctor.
- Stress complaints: stiff sore muscles, joint complaints, headache, abdominal pain, back pain.
- Fatigue and / or sleeping problems.
- Insufficent medically explicable complaints
- Hyperventilation, chest, throat and jaw complaints.
- Chronic illness with complicated acceptance of context.
- Reduced emotional contact with the body and emotions.
- Fear and panic.
- Gloom and mood swings.
- Unrest, irritable, tense.
- Concentration problems.
- Work stress.
Purpose of the therapy:
- Provide an insight in the occurrence and persistence of physical stress complaints.
- Restore the balance between tension and relaxation.
- Improve contact with body and feeling. Learn to feel and handle feelings.
- Promote confidence in physical functioning, a positive self-image and sense of self.
- Mindfulness (attention training and awareness).
- Body awareness, relaxation exercises, breathing therapy.
- Body-oriented mentalizing: learning to dwell on body, inner experiences and thoughts.
- Bodywork and role-playing.